Today, 15th April 2017, it has just been announced that the driving test will be changing from 4th December 2017.
As has been discussed in the press for some time the main changes are as follows:
- Maneouvres will be changed.
- The Turn in the Road and Left Reverse exercises will no longer be used.
- The new system for manoeuvres will be to do one of the following :
- 1) Parallel Parking(as now)
- 2) reversing into a parking bay and pulling out
- 3) pulling forwards into a bay and reversing out
- 4) pulling up on the right hand side of the road, reversing back two car lengths and rejoining traffic
- One show me tell me question will be done on the move
- The independent driving section will be increased to last 20 minutes and may include following a sat-nav
This will change on 4th December 2017. Please be assured your instructor with Simon Bell Driving School will prepare you for the test if you are taking it after this date.